There are different types of heat pumps, but you could choose the Trane XL20i heat pump. One of the reasons why a heat pump works best is that you could use it for both cooling and heating. Your main reason why you would want to purchase one of these specific units is that they offer comfort, efficiency, ease of use and is durable, quiet and economical too. It creates healthier and cleaner indoor air.
Features and Benefits of the Trane XL20i Heat Pump
The Trane XL20i heat pump offers the following, which is mentioned above:
- Comfort-R Innovation – The XL20i has a very special feature which enhances airflow. This is what is called Comfort-R. It provides greater humidity control when cooling. This happens when the fan is run at a slower speed during start-up. By using it for heating, Comfort-R provides warmer air during start-up. This causes the cycles to reduce temperature variances for optimum comfort.
- Efficient Performance -The rating of the Trane XL20i heat pump of up to 19.00 SEER and up to 9.0XL HSPF makes it one of the most efficient pumps available. A further special feature of the XL20i is its two compressors: the one that can be utilized for milder weather and the second is reserved for the extremely hot days.
- The Communicating Capability of the ComfortLink II – The ComfortLink II communicating technology allows for all your key components to be connected. This is so that your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates itself for optimal performance and efficiency.
- The Durability, Silence and its Economical Use – The fact that the Trane XL20i heat pump offers increased efficiency may substantially lower your utility bill. The multi-stage fan motor adjusts the speed so that there is maximum quiet comfort. Materials for all components are tested for long-lasting performance and durability.
- It Offers Cleaner and Healthier Indoor Air – This is achieved through advanced air filtration, Trane CleanEffects that removes most pollen, dust and any other irritants from your home. This would therefore give you cleaner and healthier home.
Product Specifications of the Trane XL20i Heat Pump
The reason for all of the above to work so well together is the fact that the Trane XL20i heat pump is manufactured with the highest quality components. It all works together to make sure that the unit is reliable and provide total comfort for your family. The components included are:
- The ComfortLink II giving it the Communicating capability needed to run your system to its optimum.
- The Charge Assist for the enhancement of performance and efficiency of the Trane XL20i heat pump.
- Dual Climatuff compressors – two compressors make it possible for you to save on cost, For example, you run the slower fan when the weather is mild. You have the option of using the faster fan for when there is need for faster heating up. This is where the two-stage cooling and heating, as well as the multi-stage fan fits in.
- The full-side louvered panels make it a safe unit, protecting the inner parts.
- The WeatherGuard top protects components, especially against damp and wet. The same applies to the Weather-resistant WeatherGuard fasteners.
- The baked-on powder paint adds to the protection, but also gives the unit a finished appearance.
- The silent run of the unit has to do with the sound insulator on the compressors which includes the low-resistance airflow.
- Added to this the:
- Two-row Spine Fin coil and the
- DuraTuff rust proof base pan
The purchase of a Trane XL20i heat pump means a long-term investment. It will save you on cost in the long-run. It is therefore necessary that it does come with a warranty. It is important that you know that it is Registered Limited Warranty if the product is registered within sixty days of installation.
It is therefore helpful to know what the warranty covers. Some of the aspects you might want to know include the following:
- There is a twelve year limited warranty on the compressor
- A ten year limited warranty on the outdoor coil
- A ten year limited warranty on the internal functional parts
Should you not register your Trane XL20i heat pump within sixty days of installation then Trane’s Base Limited Warranty terms will apply.